3.04.2010

Blog 8: Assignment 8

Preparation
I work for the Layetana Beef Company.
We produce, process, export and market beef all over the world.
Our main markets are in North America, Europe and the Far East.

The meeting that we are gonna have is about the company policy on internal communication.

The things that we must decide are:
- Why employees still complain about a lack of information within the company.
- What we could do to solve the problem.
- Whether the magazine is useful in its present form or whether it should be modified or replaced.

My point of view
As Marketing Manager of Layetana Beef Company I have a lot contact with fellow managers and employees around the world. I think that there is not enough done to bring everyone together, to give them a feeling of belonging to a family. Also I think that not enough is done to create a corporate identity.
The people need to know what is going on in our company, who does what and where, who has been appointed to this or that post, et cetera.
The information, that they are publish in our magazine, is out of date even before it is published!
So we have to take a look on the magazine, maybe we can make it much simpler, less glossy and more informative.

My idea is to create an intranet site, so the people of our company are up-to-date, if they use it though. 
Maybe we can show our company news on screens in the entrance hall and staff restaurant. Also I think that a weekly newsletter, send by email, can provide the staff with up-to-date information.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Good ideas and point of view, it is very clear. Succes on your meeting Tuesday

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. "I have a lot contact with fellow managers " -> a lot of contact? maybe
    " Also I think that not enough is done to create a corporate identity." -> I think also / not enough is done? autsj..
    " so the people of our company are up-to-date" -> in our company / our companies people (? not sure about that one)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. that we are gonna have> that we gonna have OF that we are going to have

    lot contact with> lot of contact
    I think that there is not enough done> done enough
    to give them> maybe explain who are 'them'
    are publish> are publishing
    Also I think> I also think

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen